Final Remix Object

 My partner was supportive of the sketch I used for my final design. They thought it was inventive as the abstraction of the bird by combining it with a lamp reminded them of heating lamps for chickens. It didn't really affect much of my decision to make this my finished piece as I was pretty dead set on doing this sketch as my final draft beforehand, but it was very interesting hearing what this sketch reminded them of.

My creation relates to Remix Culture. It relates to this culture as the process of taking already existing media and combining them together to create a new creation. The models used within this piece are not made by me and were instead taken from the site: Thingiverse. I just combined these items together. This act of combining in itself is also another characteristic of Remix Culture. I combined them in order to juxtapose the mechanical parts of the desk lamp and the biological body of a bird. The idea behind the desk lamp is also juxtaposed, as it now relates to the idea of a mother bird looking over her eggs within this piece. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineer Project Process 2

Reverse Engineer Object Process 1

SURFACE DESIGN: LASER CUTTING