Papercraft Inspirations

 For this papercraft assignment, I am inspired by the works of Zim & Zou. 

These artists consist of two French artists who studied graphic design. Using primarily paper, they focus on creating installations of 3D objects, forms, and spaces. They also use things like wood and thread, sometimes incorporating them into their paper-based projects. They choose paper as a medium as these artists love the versatility of the medium as it is very easily moulded into whatever these artists desire. Paper as a medium also provides different colours for them to create things.

These artists put a lot of planning and meticulous care when creating these 3D objects. It seems that they work on the flats of the objects before piecing them together to make them 3D. The artists also Use tools like an Exacto knife, giving them clean cuts and more control on cutting paper.

What I like about this artists' work is the use of vivid colours in their work. I personally have been trying to experiment more with bright colours within my own work as I'm trying to stray away from my usual saturated colour palette use. I also like their use of lines and dots of their work, as it creates a pattern and an almost comic book-like feel to their objects which I think is a very interesting style. This style also supports the subject matter of their works, like when they create objects that are retro in nature. I really like this subject matter, as I am fascinated by retro media/aesthetics.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineer Project Process 2

Reverse Engineer Object Process 1

SURFACE DESIGN: LASER CUTTING