Remix Objects

REMIX CULTURE:

Remix culture is the act of combining two or more already existing media and combining them together to create a new form of media. This is most shown within remixed songs, which may take snippets from one song and incorporate it into their own song. This form of art-making often calls into question this culture's copyright laws and the possible violation of them, as this form of art-making is taking already existing media to create something new with it. Oftentimes, this art culture uses this use of intellectual properties to make statements. 


REMIXED OBJECTS:

 

Gee Bee Airplane by skipstitch - Thingiverse

For this plane object, I specifically wanted to combine something organic and something non-organic. I took a model of a plane and replaced its wings with bird wings to portray this as they both share the concept of flight, but are different in design and function to achieve flight.




The phrase "Chicken legs" is what inspired me to make this sketch. This phrase typically refers to scrawny, stick-like legs. I took the phrase and turned it on itself however with this model by giving the chicken with scrawny legs big bulky ones instead. I thought it was very humorous. 

The idea that light bulbs looked like eggs inspired me with this sketch. This concept was very abstract, and I wanted to try and create something strange. I juxtaposed a lamp with a mother bird looking over her nest of lightbulb "eggs" as a result.

I thought about juxtaposing the concept of fast and slow with this model. Slugs are slow-moving creatures so I chose it to represent the concept of slowness. A pair of sneakers represents the concept of fastness. By putting these two together I have combined the two conflicting concepts together. 

I wanted to create something that would entail conflicting tastes and reactions. The idea of a fish on a birthday cake came to mind, as a cake is sweet and a fish is salty. A fish would also be a very unlikely ingredient for a cake. They would also have a difference in texture. I thought this concept was also funny as it creates an image of a ruined birthday.

I wanted to create more abstract models, and the idea that a crab looked structurally similar to a spider due to its legs came to mind. I presented a crab displaying behaviours akin to a spider on land, juxtaposing it from its normal behaviour within the sea.



I wanted to combine the concept of cute and morbid with this sketch model. The squirrel represents the concept of cuteness, but by having it hold the human skull in its paws, the concept of something morbid is combined.

I thought of those Halloween bowls with hands in them for this model and wanted to exaggerate it to create a sense of horror-ness to the model. I also thought this concept was abstract in nature, as you don't normally find hands within a bowl.




I wanted to juxtapose a mundane object with a fantastical one that you wouldn't see in your day-to-day life, while also making something humourous. I took a toilet, which represents the mundane, and merged it with a dragon's head to represent the fantastical.





https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2882874 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:776710 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2453990 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5572946


I wanted to continue to create more humourous things. I initially merged the octopus with the legs, basing it on the idea of an octopus having more than 8 legs. However, I added other elements to further the humourous factor within this sketch. 




 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineer Project Process 2

Reverse Engineer Object Process 1

SURFACE DESIGN: LASER CUTTING