3D Object Prototype

 



To create my papercraft design, I first created the object within Rhino. Before unrolling them, I created four separate sections for the piece. I divided them so they would be easier to fold and put together in real life. 

For one of these pieces, I separated them a bit too much. This created confusion on which piece went where. It also made the piece look messy when I tried pasting it together and was tedious as a result. I had to go back into Rhino multiple times and combine these separate pieces to overcome this. Working with the paper copy made me better understand how this template was and whether things would work and helped me adjust accordingly.


                        Papercraft Results:



I think overall, this prototype is okay but can definitely be improved upon and left me frustrated during its creation. I think I need to combine more pieces together as the way I have printed the templates out was tedious to paste together. It also looked messy compared to when I revised one part of the template for the opposite side of the helmet. For example, image 1 shows the side with the template that was more separate while the third image has the revised one. the third image looks neater and had given me this revelation that this prototype's template should be revised to have fewer separate pieces. I also have to figure out a way to make sure these template pieces will be all the same size so they can better fit each other when I paste them. I was going off of inaccurate estimates in terms of size and that made some parts big or small, it was also a waste of paper.
For the final version, I think I have to find a way to make this template more efficient in its design and process so it looks more neater, less tedious, and makes me less frustrated. I think I might make this piece not wearable as I had intended, as I'm not too sure how to go bout it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineer Project Process 2

Reverse Engineer Object Process 1

SURFACE DESIGN: LASER CUTTING