SURFACE DESIGN: LASER CUTTING

 Continuing from the last blog post on Surface Design, we had to make our design into a laser-cut design. 



Before sending the file to be laser-cut, I had to change the colours of the design. I had to change the values of each, making them shades of black and white. This would determine how deep each segment is going to be, black being the deepest while white being the least deep. The red outlines determine the parts of the design that will be cleanly cut off. We had to place this design on a 4" x 4" area.

Once the file was prepared, I was able to transport it to get it laser-cut. I chose wood for the medium.





Once it was cut, I was able to sand off the burns and as well as make some of the segments of the design lighter.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineer Project Process 2

Reverse Engineer Object Process 1